Thursday, 25 April 2024

Day 29: Sobrado dos Monxes to Arzua

 

Loved staying in the monastery but rules were quite different. No access to the kitchen in the morning, and you need to vacate by 08.00. So I departed at 07.35 and there was a constant threat of rain the whole way. It was a relatively uneventful day with a 22km fast hike ( stave said 4.9km/h normal average has been 4.3km/h). I stopped for 15 minutes for coffee and cake at 11.00. Then walked on quickly as weather forecast was rain at 12.00, so I wanted to get ahead of that. I got there at 12.20 and the rain started at 12.30.

So, as I got to the Albergue, I joined the Camino de Frances. The Camino de Norde is like a little stream meeting the River Foyle, with a constant stream of pilgrims passing us as I had coffee waiting for the Albergue to open. Cannot believe the number of pilgrims. 

The next two days, we are on the Camino de Frances until Santiago; expect it to be a different experience. 


Hostel is pretty good at €18 a night, including sheets and a towel. 



Less than 50km to go!

A storke

Very square Eucalyptus forest. 


Today: 21.95 km

Part 2 Total: 393.75 km 

Total:  708.5 km

Remaining: 38.72 km 





Day 31: Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

  So a very wet start, Jens and I agreed to do the last day together, so packed up and got the wet gear on, exited the Albergue crossed the ...