Saturday, 21 October 2023

Day 9: Guemes

Today was a day off. I had seen the forecast that Friday the rain would be biblical and it was correct. Also I wanted to rest my left knee as it had been bad on the walk yesterday. 

There were over forty pilgrims staying last night and all but three ploughed on. I offered to help the Volunters at the Aubrge to clean and tidy the bedrooms ready for more pilgrims and swept the main room. 

At about mid day one of the Pilgrims who had been here the night before came back because he had forgotten his walking sticks he had walked 6kms before realising he had forgotten them!!!! He had  a coffee and back out again towards Santander. 

Yesterday I also decided that I was going to break the Camino in two. While I am really enjoying  the walking from, it's becoming a little monotonous and I don't want to do any permanent damage to my knee. 

So I'll do five more days walking ending in Llames on Wednesdsy. Then get a bus back to Bilbao and fly home Friday. 

I'll look to come back in April 2024 to finish it. Let me know if you want to join me? 


Today:0

Total:202.98

Feel free to Leave a Comment (WhatsApp Group)   



Day 31: Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

  So a very wet start, Jens and I agreed to do the last day together, so packed up and got the wet gear on, exited the Albergue crossed the ...