So after breakfast I packed and said goodbye to Haver
I initial thought he worked here as he was the one doing all the checking in, but it appears he is a pilgrim and only arrived two days before me and was just volunteering and leaves in 3 days time. He has however been a volunteer here before.
I departed at 8.15 as it was getting light.
The weather was perfect but it was cold. The light was great as the sun rose from behind.
The landscape as we left the Auberge was rolling farmland and after we left Guemes we could see Santander in the distance that was framed between the Cantabrian Mountains on the left and the Atlantic on the right.
We then turned right and headed for the coast and we could hear the explosions of the waves as we drew closer to the coast. The coastline was spectacular and so were the huge waves. I tried to capture it but I don't thing I did it justice.
The path followed the top of the cliffs but not to close to the cliff edge and the views were amazing.
We then turned the corner away from the Atlantic into Santander Bay and in front of us was Somo Beach.
We dropped down on to the beach and had to go bear foot to aside through a stream. It was a massive beach.
Half way along we came to Somo had a coffee and headed to the ferry terminal, a nice easy day of only 15km.
Here myself and Martina parted ways as she went to explore Santander. I got some more cash out got some groceries and grabbed a train to Poo de Pielagoo and stayed in a very reasonable auberge.
Today:15.03km
Total: 218.01km
Feel free to Leave a Comment (WhatsApp Group)






















