Friday, 13 October 2023

Day 2: San Sebastián to Zarautz


Early start this morning departing at 7.30 from the hostel aided by not having to catch a train. 😁

Walked along Playa de La Concha beach before climbing up out of San Sebastián just as the sun was rising.

Walking along the coast past expensive houses with glimpses of the route ahead 

Some more photos of the locals. 🤪


Stopped in Orio for lunch 


Finally arriving in Zarautz at 1pm. 


Today was tough because I had full back pack so on the climbs and descents I was taking smaller steps and my forever doggy left knee is a little soar.

(Clearly something went wrong with elevation. All trails had this at 618m total gain ) 

Today: 22.88

Total 45.68km. 

Tomorrow Heading to Deba. Not sure if I'll get to see the Rugby as Ireland Vs New Zealand in the World Cup. 

The comments just don't work on the blog. Instead created a Whatsapp Group for comments and to let you know when a new blog is posted. Here is the link :-

WhatsApp Group Camino de Norde 2023


Day 31: Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

  So a very wet start, Jens and I agreed to do the last day together, so packed up and got the wet gear on, exited the Albergue crossed the ...