Thursday, 12 October 2023

Day 1: Irun to San Sebastián

So early start at 6 but still manage to miss the 6.50 train to Irun next one was 8.15 but while Google told me there was a 7.18 bus to Irun the bus company said no, E26 has stopped running even though it is shown on the bus stop. So 8.15 train to Irun meant a 9.00am start. Found the Jakobi Pilgrim Hostel, that’s closed.  


As always the route was well marked with Yellow Arrows. 
Some official and others painted by locals.

Photo of the locals

Once we got onto the hills there was a choice of routes, up over the top or along a forest path. I decided to go up and it was quite hard with undulations but the scenery was fab. 





At 15km I dropped way down into the  Pasaia, and catch a ferry for 1.10. 


Then climbed up and out of the valley again and more fab views of the coast.

Finally arrive in San Sebastián just under 23km and 29c. It was hot! 

Beer 🍺 was definetly required. 

Last night in San Sebastián, fab place definetly in my top ten. Think I have now been 4 times and don’t think this will be my last.
 


Today 22.8Km
Total 22.8km

Tomorrow heading for Zarutz


Day 31: Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

  So a very wet start, Jens and I agreed to do the last day together, so packed up and got the wet gear on, exited the Albergue crossed the ...