Another early start and straight into a climb out of Louenzá. Before this though I came across the very ornate church of Santa María, see photo below. From the top of the hill there were excellent views back over the Lourenza valley.
Half way up the hill I passed my Columbian friends, and met Pauline, she was the other Canadian lady that I met in the bar the night before. She wasn't in great physical shape and had skipped walking most of yesterday by train and bus and its took her a long time. But today was Sunday and there were no buses so she was going to walk 8km to Mondoñedo. I walked and chatted with her for a while but the pace was to slow so made my excuses and walked on.
Stopped in Mondone for cake and coffee right beside the Cathedral de Mondonde, another amazing building. Cake was excellent!
Then a few acents and decents before hitting the big climb of the day of 500m. At 1/4 of the way up a young Welsh lad, Delwi, caught up with me. He was the quite one in the group of youths mentioned yestersay. We started chatting and it made the hill a lot shorter. We walked together all the way to Abarin where we had a beer. He was walking on another 4km to a different Albergue.
I went to the hostel, it is an amazing hostel for €18 a night. This included bed sheets, towel, free coffee and tea and a basic breakfast. It is brand new with modern showers, bunk beds etc however the best bit is, because I had book first, I got the room with two bunk beds all to myself, fantastico!
There are only six walking days left to Santaigo. So I have booked my accommodation there as it gets very busy as all the Camino converge there. I am staying in a seminary and for a extra €4 extra you get a single room instead of a dormitory bed. I also booked my flight today for Monday 29th April, which means two nights in Santago but the earlier flights were expensive.
Tomorrow is a short day of 20km to Vilalba.
Today: 23.31 km
Part 2 Total: 291.02 km
Total: 605.77 km
Remaining: 138.7 km




















