So I did not really know how far I would go today when I set out. John and I left at 07.00 to walk into town. John was catching a bus and I was walking back to pickup the Camino. John managed to get his bus, which is just as well because if he missed it then the next one was in 6hrs.
I headed out on the Camino and was going to get coffee on the way but there was few cafes and nothing open. The Camino was mainly off road in trails through forests with some road walking. There was a little drizzle but nothing serious and the outlook for next 4 days is looking good.
I finished today at 11.00 so had a great rest.
I'm staying at an Albergue Donativo, so you don't pay you just give a donation when you leave but the emphasis that it should be realistic not 2 euro. The hosts are amazing. They welcome you, provide a bed, wash and dry your clothes, feed you with home cooked food and nice red wine, provide advice on the next stage of the Camino and chat/ entertain you. Fantastico!
PS while I was slogging it out on the Camino John was relaxing on a luxury bus with Leather seats that reclined, on the second leg of the bus journey from Olviedo to Bilbao.
PPS Th infrastructure around the motorway is amazing. There is just beige after bridge followed by huge tunnels.







