Monday, 23 October 2023

Day 12: Caborrendondo to San Vicente de la Barquera

So sunrise is not until 8.40 but I was last out of the Auberge this morning at 8.15

Today the path stayed close to the coast and I was walking mostly on roads and about 2km on the beech right at the end. 

I passed Fredric after 20 minutes and Elizabeth after about an hour. 
















Comillas was just over half way and I stopped here in this square for lunch.There were some very pretty buildings in this town. 


This is the Palace and Chapel-Panteón is an authentic architectural jewel of neo-Gothic style and modernist aesthetics due to its integrative nature of all the arts.
(yes I did copy it from a website)

This is the university. “Puerta de la Virtudes” translates to Gate of Virtues. 

The weather changed and the skyweny very gray. I knew rain was expected at around 3pm so I wanted to get to tonight’s hostel before the rain. 




So San Vicente de la Barquera is the town in the distance and home for the night. It is 5km away so it was a race for me to get there before the rain clouds in the distance would arrive. 



Managed to get there a 2.15 pm and hostel opened at 2.30, it was just starting to rain. 

The view from the back of the hostel. 

Today: 28.1 km

Total: 272.6km

It 


Feel free to Leave a Comment (WhatsApp Group)   

Day 31: Pedrouzo to Santiago de Compostela

  So a very wet start, Jens and I agreed to do the last day together, so packed up and got the wet gear on, exited the Albergue crossed the ...